Project Executive/Manager (Foods & Drinks Sector)
China-Britain Business Council
Location: Shanghai, China
Package: Competitive salary range between RMB7, 500(PE)-RMB9, 000(PM), based on matched qualification and experiences
China-Britain Business Council
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) is the leading organisation helping UK companies of all sizes and sectors, whether new entrants or established operations. CBBC has worked with China for over 60 years and our team has extensive experience of doing business there. We offer practical in-market assistance, services, industry initiatives and a membership programme delivering access, seminars, and networking through our network of offices across China and the UK.
CBBC works closely with a range of partners across the UK and China, including the UK Department for International Trade. For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.cbbc.org.
Project Executive/ Manager – CBBC, Shanghai (Food & Drink Sector)
As the UK-China relationship strengthens, evolves and becomes more balanced, the Food and Drink sector is becoming an ever more important part of CBBC’s work. As a result we are now seeking an experienced Project Executive role to work for our Food and Drink sector in China, working closely with the UK sector lead for Food and Drink and the Director for Retail sector. This role is a client facing role requiring fundamental industry knowledge, keeping a tight connection with the sector colleagues. The jobholder will be responsible for delivery of sector based services to demanding clients including the UK and Chinese Government and major companies, to meet client expectations.
We are seeking a Project Executive, to work as part of the CBBC project team based in Shanghai. You will possess excellent research and analytical capabilities, project management skills and established business knowledge to write high quality market research reports in English and be proactive in identifying Chinese partners for UK companies. You should be a confident and energetic team player who is keen to work on a diverse range of trade promotion activities in a fast growing market.
The ideal candidate will ideally have experience working in China’s food & drinks sector and be familiar with the market landscape across these areas (and have a strong interest to learn). The role will involve working with clients from across the sector. The position will report to the Food & Drinks Assistant Director in CBBC China. Whilst experience in the sector is desirable; however excellent market research skills and report writing in English are the key requirements.
- As a Project Executive, you should be able to manage and implement a project or research independently or be able to work with other project managers as a team leader;
- Researching and compiling in-depth market reports for clients;
- Advising clients on market entry into China;
- Analysing market intelligence on a range of industry sectors;
- Identifying business partners and opportunities for British businesses;
- Building and maintaining relationships with industry contacts;
- Promoting and delivering DIT and CBBC services;
- Contributing to the CBBC project teams by developing and sharing knowledge, thought leadership and solutions;
- Providing leadership and liaison with clients in arranging trade missions and other events specific to your assigned sector;
- Previous experience of market research
- Bachelor degree or Master degree (desirable)
- Excellent written and spoken English (essential)
- For Project manager level, at least 2-3 years relevant working experiences; for Project Executive level, at least 1 year relevant working experiences;
- Passion for market research and excellent client facing skills
- Self-motivated, with a flexible and entrepreneurial style of working
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent data processing and IT skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to deal with various tasks at once
- Good project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter explaining how your personality and experience meet our requirements together with detailed CV in both English and Chinese, an indication of your current salary to the following email address:
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified and that applicants who fail to provide a covering letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 31st July, 2018.
Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.