China-Britain Business Council
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) is the leading organisation helping UK companies of all sizes and sectors, whether new entrants or established operations. CBBC has worked with China for 60 years and our team has extensive experience of doing business there. We offer practical in-market assistance, services, industry initiatives and a membership programme delivering access, seminars, and networking through our network of 15 offices in China and 11 in the UK.
CBBC works closely with a range of partners across the UK and China, including the UK Department for International Trade (formerly UKTI). For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.cbbc.org.
Project Executive – CBBC, Hangzhou
CBBC is looking for a Hangzhou-based Project Executive/Office Assistant. The role will involve working with clients and delivering market research report, it will also involve supporting all-around office operation including accounting, human resource and administration.
The ideal candidate will be confident and energetic, with some business experience and excellent communication skills, who is keen to work on a diverse range of trade promotion activities in a well-established and growing network.
The position will report to the Office Manager of Hangzhou office.
- As a Project Executive (50%), you should be able to assist the implementation of a project or research by working with a Project Manager;
- Analyzing market intelligence on a range of industry sectors;
- Identifying business partners and opportunities for British businesses;
- Building and maintaining relationships with industry contacts;
- Providing event support and liaison in arranging trade missions and other events specifically in Zhejiang Province;
- As an Office Assistant (50%), you should be able to provide full support to the Office Manager to ensure smooth operation of the multi-functional office, co-delivering the multiple business tasks and achieving business targets ;
- Membership service and daily support
- In charge of all Finance work, including but not limited to receiving, payment, bookkeeping, financial statement, tax filling; Maintain a sound financial system to ensure an accurate, timely and complete all financial work.
- Support the Management by making the annual and monthly budget;
- Interact with banks, auditors, tax authorities and other government authorities
- Handle monthly salary, benefit and tax calculations, and reimbursement reports
- Be responsible for license registration, renewal, updates, annual plan and reporting, and follow up with concerned parties;
- Handle all office administration work including receptionist, provide strong administrative support for other team members and their research or event projects;
- Bachelor degree or Master degree (desirable)
- Excellent written and spoken English (essential)
- At least 2-3 years relevant working experiences;
- Passion for market research and good client facing skills
- Self-motivated, with a flexible and entrepreneurial style of working
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good data processing and IT skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to deal with various tasks at once
- Strong attention to detail
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter explaining how your personality and experience meet our requirements together with detailed CV in both English and Chinese, an indication of your current salary to the following email address:
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified and that applicants who fail to provide a cover letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 30th April, 2018.
Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.