Venture Education empowers UK education in China. Headquartered in Beijing, Venture is an independent consultancy with a diverse team of innovative educators, researchers, business specialists and project leaders. We have a considerable network of individuals and organisations in both China and the UK. Our goal is to improve global education through sharing best practice, partnering between leading organisations and developing creative new approaches. Our approach is bespoke: we are extremely passionate about every project and geared towards either sustainable quality by-the-book or wild invention for maximum impact. Our clients include different departments of national governments, universities, NGOs & charities and businesses of all sizes.
Previous and current projects range very widely: from research reports on education opportunities in Hainan, to delivering employability workshops for a UK university TNE partnership in Shaanxi; from assisting a UK independent school with market entry, to promoting emerging leadership skills in teenage girls in Beijing with a professional mentoring programme. Venture Education frequently features in international media outlets and was a finalist for two awards in the UN-backed 2019 China Social Impact Awards.
We have a number of projects with a wide range of UK organisations including independent schools, universities, charities, EdTech and media. You will be responsible for making sure these partnerships run smoothly, productively and successfully. This will be a fast-paced role that will ultimately drive the success of quality UK education in China, impacting hundreds of thousands of students. Everything we do in Venture is highly collaborative, and you will be given the chance to lead and run some projects, while supporting and advising on others.
Taking ownership of a UK-China project
Creating clear systems for future growth
Working with a range of stakeholders for success
Delivering quality above and beyond the norm
Driving sales and marketing across projects
Developing new ideas and working with other teams to make them happen
Working closely with company founders to understand and develop strategy
Meeting and communicating with external organisations to develop business
Managing different project teams within the organisation
- The ability execute projects comprehensively and successfully.
- A willingness to take accountability and operate independently.
- Attention to detail; capable of producing both quality and quantity
- Excellent management, analytical and communications skills
- Flexibility, excitement when faced with the unknown and a willingness to learn
- Strong writing and editorial abilities in English; Chinese-language ability an advantage
- You attended a British or international school, or have close knowledge of them through, for example, work experience
- You graduated from a British university
- You have at least three years’ work experience in education; if you have worked in the education sector in the UK this is extremely desirable.
- A positive, energetic and enterprising work environment
- The opportunity to build your work experience around your own personal and professional development goals
- Interaction with friendly and professional colleagues from all over the world
- A huge variety of interesting projects with diverse partners
- The chance to become an expert in UK-China education
- 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday
- Salary upon application
- Duration: 2 years
- Z-visa (official working visa)
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and cover letter setting out your motivations and suitability to email@example.com.