China-Britain Business Council (CBBC)/英中贸易协会
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) is the UK’s leading independent source of China business information, advice, consultancy and services for UK industry.
For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.cbbc.org.
In conjunction with our member organisation, the University of Sheffield, CBBC is currently looking to recruit a candidate for the following position, which will be based in Shanghai.
Recruitment Manager China – The University of Sheffield, Shanghai, China
The University of Sheffield (via CBBC) is looking to appoint a Recruitment Manager China to working as part of a team with responsibilities for managing and delivering student recruitment plans aimed at achieving our ambitious student recruitment targets for China.
You will be representing a University ranked in the top 100 universities in the world, with an outstanding student experience, a long-standing commitment to international students and a track record of successful recruitment from China. This role is an exciting opportunity for an outgoing individual that wishes to further develop skills in international marketing and recruitment.
You will contribute to the University’s international strategy for China by providing research and market intelligence that helps develop effective, budgeted, integrated recruitment plans on the basis of this research. You will participate in education exhibitions, support recruitment agents, develop productive relations with partner organisations and provide quality market intelligence. You will identify new business opportunities, and where these are in collaboration with Chinese institutions, work with relevant colleagues in Sheffield to deliver them and ensure effective governance is in place. You will work with the International Recruitment Manager to ensure that Faculties have a sound understanding of the requirements of the China market and have effective recruitment strategies in place.
One of the key functions of the Recruitment Manager is to represent the University at education events, in counselling sessions, and informal presentations at schools and universities. You must be able to make a positive impression of the University on potential students, as well as being an ambassador for the University in meetings and negotiations with stakeholders.
- You will conduct research on the China market to help inform effective and cost marketing plans; coordinating and in many cases delivering recruitment/marketing activities as identified in the plans; monitoring the effectiveness of recruitment/marketing activities in China.
- Promote the full range of University’s programmes: undergraduate, postgraduate, English language, summer schools and pathway programmes (e.g NCUK, SBC)
- Represent the University at recruitment exhibitions, seminars, school visits and presentation events across China
- Select, train and provide ongoing management and support for suitable student recruitment agents across China.
- Promote and support academic links including coordinating and accompanying academic visits to partner institutions and recruitment events.
- Provide high-quality market intelligence and identify new business opportunities across all University activities and disseminate back to relevant Global Engagement colleagues.
- Using other elements of the marketing/communications mix in support of both student recruitment objectives and the wider promotion of The University of Sheffield more generally, e.g. digital media, PR, social media.
- Engage with alumni activities where these can contribute to either the management of alumni relations or to student recruitment.
- Provide regular detailed admissions advice and support to Admissions and University selectors for candidates from China.
- Provide detailed and high-quality market and recruitment advice and support to recruitment and marketing colleagues based in Departments and at Faculty level.
- Support Departmental overseas visits to China, by organising in-country recruitment activities and providing logistical support for travelling staff.
- Manage the administration of these areas of responsibility such as timely production of mission activity reports.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A first degree or equivalent qualification.
- A proven understanding of the China international student recruitment market and Higher Education systems both in China and the UK.
- Experience of working in the education sector in China (1 year minimum)
- Experience and/or appreciation of living in the UK and its culture.
- Experience of carrying out, accessing and evaluating primary and secondary research for marketing purposes.
- Experience of preparing and delivering focused, insightful, integrated marketing and communications plans.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin.
- Good information management and IT skills, including MS Office applications.
- Experience of managing projects, including the ability to deliver to tight deadlines and monitor return on investment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills, skills of diplomacy and persuasion.
- Ability to demonstrate capacity for new and independent thinking and for seeking novel solutions in a marketing setting.
- Self motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision both as part of a team or independently.
- Willingness to travel (both within China and to the UK)
The job holders will report administratively to CBBC’s office managers in Shanghai and functionally will report to and be supported by Senior International Recruitment Manager in the UK.
Interested candidates are invited to send a written application letter together with their detailed CV, an indication of expected salary, and relevant supporting certificates to Sheffieldsh2018@cbbc.org.cn by 15th June, 2018.
- Please indicate the position you are applying for on the envelope.
- Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.