Venture Education is a Beijing-based consultancy that empowers UK education in China through research, projects and consultancy. Our team is a mixture of former teachers, university lecturers, education professionals, research analysts and project leaders from the UK and China.
We are looking for someone organised, hard-working, adaptive and creative who can work under considerable pressure. You will manage projects dealing in a wide variety of areas, such as EdTech, UK-China higher education, governmental policy, business development, marketing and product development. You will work with high profile clients such as the Deparment of International Trade, UCAS and Tes. We also collaborate with the British Chamber of Commerce in China to deliver a range of high-profile events that encourage UK-China collaboration in education. You will have an unparalled opportunity to learn about every aspect of education consultancy in China – the biggest and most dynamic education market in the world!
- Quickly obtain and synthesise existing data from multiple sources to effectively communicate key findings to internal and external stakeholders;
- Perform quality and accurate research analysis that is able to connect the macro environment with organisation specific impact;
- Consistently produce excellent quantitative and qualitative analytic work to tight deadlines
- Carry out primary research in the form of surveys and interviews for both internal and external use
- Summarise data and produce position papers, policy analysis, consultancy reports and proposals that contribute and drive contemporary debates in the Chinese education sector.
- Collaborate with local, national and international entities
- Organise events and webinars to build thought leadership in the UK-China education sector
- Background – bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) and two years work experience
- Language skills – excellency in English and native fluency in Chinese, both in reading and writing
- Writing and copy editing skills – ability to summarise complex ideas and present them in a concise, accessible way with strong attention to details
- Data and information analysis — identify trends and connections and present findings clearly and accurately through graphics and writing
- Leadership and communication – ability to take the lead on research projects, effectively communicating with and managing other team members to ensure research, writing, translation and design is carried out efficiently and to an appropriate standard
- Work ethic –willingness to learn, proactivity in projects and meetings and commitment to produce work at a high standard under tight deadlines
- Perferrable – ability to create infographics or use data analytics software preferred; experience in the UK education sector preferred
Our values inform how we act as a team and individually:
- Solution positive – we find answers and solve problems positively
- Nothing ventured, nothing gained – we are brave, creative and bold
- Empathy – we are people-oriented and we always go the extra mile
- Team work makes the dream work – we value all our team members’ contribution, we drive each other forward and we get things done together.
Why work with us?
What makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse and creative team who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. You can develop both professionally and personally not only through your role as a research analyst but also through a range of activites within the company. We organise all staffer meetings every Friday where you have the opportunity to learn something new from your colleagues or to show your talents – whether it is cooking, dancing or data analysis. You also have the chance to be the editor of our weekly newsletter where you are free to explore a topic of your choice. On top of this, we regularly meet socially and recently spend two days at the Great Wall.
Salary: 10,000-16,000 RMB
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm
We offer full visa application support for overseas applicants.
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and cover letter setting out your motivations and suitability to email@example.com