What position is open?
Research and Coordination Analyst (this position is open to both Chinese nationals and international candidates)
Where is the position based?
Beijing, China (this is an in-person position, candidates are required to live in Beijing)
Who is advertising this position?
Development Reimagined is an independent international development consultancy working with our clients to develop innovative solutions to challenging poverty and environmental issues, with our headquarters in Beijing and with offices in Kenya and the UK. Our people are development, diplomacy, environmental and public relations leaders. We are experts around the globe with a mission to deliver sustainable development and poverty reduction in a dynamic and complex world. Our clients include governments, civil society organizations and businesses small and large, from all sides of the world. In particular, we believe that it is pivotal for developing nations to strategically engage with all development partners, in particular China, and vice versa. Acting on this belief, Development Reimagined offers bespoke strategic advisory services to Governments and stakeholders seeking to develop robust, holistic and long-term development strategies, on various issues – from industrialization, to market entry, to tourism – all with a “sustainable development” lens.
About the position
We are inviting applications for a ‘Research and Coordination Analyst’ with expertise in China- Africa relations and international development. They will work in the Beijing office, providing support across the key pillars of Development Reimagined’s work in China. The candidate should have strong experience of working with external stakeholders (both Chinese and African) and undertaking research – so that they can hit the ground running. The position will require working with other analysts across the Development Reimagined network, as well as our development partners, so the ability to collaborate effectively is essential. More information about our services can be found on our Website.
Our key pillars include:
- Development financing (SDG and infrastructure financing)
- Global Health and Decolonisation
- Climate Change and Energy
- Development Cooperation/Foreign aid
- Trade analysis and China Market Entry
- China-Africa coordination and analysis
Our clients range from African and Chinese government/s, to international organisations such as the United Nations and the Gates Foundation, the private sector and media outlets.
The position is to start immediately and will be for one year (with a 3-month probation period).
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the China- Africa development space (either across trade, investment, aid or general development landscape)
- Experience of working with external stakeholders and building effective relationships (both Chinese and African)
- Knowledge of international development and development finance
- Qualifications in economics, international law or international development, ideally MSc/MA or above
- High confidence research and data – eye for detail
- Able to collaborate and work well within a busy team
- Efficient and able to deliver work to tight deadlines
- Previous experiencing living and working in either China or Africa is an asset
- Ability to manage and execute events to a high standard is an asset
- Fluency in English is required, Chinese proficiency an asset
- Must be willing to live in Beijing
Remuneration, reporting and other administrative requirements
Salary will be paid monthly into a Chinese Bank Account. Candidates are required to work and live in Beijing. Ideally candidates already in China are preferred however this is not a requirement.
Chinese Nationals Benefits
Social security and generous paid holiday package
Generous paid holiday package and work visa
*Please note for the work visa candidates need at least two years’ work experience, plus an Undergraduate and Master Degree.
Interested Candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org