The British Chamber of Commerce in China is a membership organisation with a focus on providing advocacy, business support and networking opportunities for British businesses in China. The advocacy pillar of the British Chamber has grown from strength to strength over the past four years and we are excited to welcome a passionate researcher and policy analyst intern to our team.
As the voice of British business in China we:
- Speak with business leaders at Rolls-Royce, The Economist, Shell and other British companies of all sizes on the challenges and opportunities in China
- Present our research to the British Embassy, the Ministry of Commerce, the NDRC and other key government stakeholders
- Produce thought leadership pieces on topics such as the 14th Five-Year Plan, China’s cybersecurity landscape and other critical topics for trade relations
We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join a dynamic business organisation. The successful candidate will support on a variety of BritCham’s policy and advocacy work with the aim of influencing UK-China trade negotiations. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your own understanding of China’s policymaking and business environment.
- Support the team on our full range of advocacy and policy initiatives
- Track major policy announcements relevant to British businesses in China
- Assist on BritCham’s annual advocacy publications, including planning, translation and analysis, in order to influence UK-China trade policy
- Write thought leadership articles and other online content
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area (e.g. politics, economics, trade policy, international relations, business etc.)
- Advanced reading and speaking ability in Mandarin Chinese and English
- Experience producing analytical content to a short deadline
- Skills in building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Comfortable working within a small, close-knit team
- Experience in communications, public relations and/or producing online content desirable but not essential
What we can offer:
- An ability to interact with a wide range of British businesses across all sectors.
- Free place on our Young Professionals Development Programme (from September to December)
- An incredible office in the CBD with unlimited coffee
- Free gym access to the Trainyard – in Hotel Jen
- Career development and Mentorship from the Chambers executive committee
- An opportunity to have a genuine impact
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the title “Research and policy internship” by 13th August 2021.
BritCham China is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and inclusivity. For more information about us, please visit our website at https://www.britishchamber.cn/.