CRU is a global leader in commodities market analysis and consulting. We provide high quality data, market analysis, forecasts and advice to our customers in critical global industries, helping them take strategic, trading, investment and operational decisions.
Joining us means joining a global team of talented colleagues who will respect, trust, support and collaborate with you. You will be able to apply your knowledge and experience to a variety of real-world challenges facing key players in commodities markets, where your advice and insights will have positive impact on decision-making across industries.
We are currently seeking new colleagues with several years’ of experience in industry or similar analysis or consulting businesses to help lead and grow our base metals costs service capability. If you join us you would typically:
- Lead conversations with customers and other external stakeholders, delivering CRU analysis and insights on base metals mine costs in the context of understanding their business needs
- Form and shape CRU’s views, working with the contribution of colleagues and own analysis work
- Analyse and compile copper, zinc and lead mine costs data for the China market
- Analyse and evaluate industry trends and special situations that effect mine costs
- Manage the production of written reports, presentations and webinar content
- Coach junior team members
- Build and maintain valuable datasets, methodology and other intellectual property
- Represent CRU at industry events
- Support formation of marketing campaigns by identifying and shaping relevant market and industry themes and content
- Research, and analyse quantitative and qualitative information to formulate and evidence market insights
We are looking for great people with the following attributes:
- First degree, ideally in a numerate discipline
- Real-world experience in drawing trends from data and qualitative information to provide insight for decisionmakers
- The ability to lead or contribute to discussion with senior external stakeholders, providing analysis and insight that is positioned appropriately given an understanding of their business needs and challenges
- Ability to support and coach others, manage research and insight generation processes
- Fluent Mandarin in order to conduct high quality primary research
- Fluent English with the ability to construct and express well-reasoned, well-evidenced and logical arguments
- The ability to build, maintain and grow an effective network
- Natural inclination to collaborate and work supportively in a diverse and international team
Your work will help major international companies, industry associations and governments make the best judgments for the good of their stakeholders and efficient natural resource allocation. As CRU works at the heart of commodities markets, you’d be providing analysis to key people in our customer organisations. More than that, CRU participates in industry association and wider fora where our insights and views help shape industry-wide policy and direction to which your analysis will be key.
To find out more and to apply directly, please click here.