We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join the British Embassy Communications team, to produce digital and print creative solutions for all our communications activities, including campaigns and events across the China Network (for example: the premiere of the new James Bond film ‘No Time to Die’ and the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee).
This role is based in Beijing and sits within the digital network. You will be responsible for supporting activities of the Embassy as well as our Consulates in Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chongqing and Wuhan.
You must be a design professional with excellent design skills, attention to details and the ability to work on a number of simultaneous design projects. You will be a problem-solver who can work under pressure, ensuring our suite of brands are delivered to a high standard when working to tight deadlines.
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques.
You should have experience executing projects from conception to production, including social media assets, animations, posters and banners.
As well as executing commissions, you will also apply excellent design principles to our communication and marketing objectives. You will understand and stay up-to-date with industry standards, tools and trends.
- Be able to work under pressure;
- Be confident presenting your concepts to others;
- Give clear advice to others regarding design;
- Have strong audience insights;
- Be aware of the rapidly changing nature of social media – and how to put that to good use;
- Working within the British Embassy Communications team, you will help to produce eye-catching content, and provide creative solutions to explain complex departmental achievements and statistics in an accessible way for businesses and the public.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
- Manage global design projects from conception to delivery tailored to our target audiences;
- Work with other Comms team members to produce high quality content for online and offline use, including: social media graphics, infographics, illustrations, animations, event posters and invitations etc;
- Ensure all productions are in line with global branding guidelines;
- Provide style guide for all content and maintain brand consistency across the whole network;
- Create designs based on briefs, or localise provided global content/assets;
- Monitor and stay up-to-date with industry standards, tools and trends;
- High quality production design and rendering using Adobe Photoshop/InDesign or other software.
- Mandarin – fluent in both written and oral communication
- English – fluent in both written and oral communication
Essential on Arrival:
- Proven work experience as a Graphic Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of completed design projects
- Creative thinking skills
- Must stay abreast of the latest tools and software in order to produce the best work possible
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Word and Powerpoint)
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colours, fonts and layouts
- Familiarity with production and rendering methods, including drawing, offset printing, photography, interactive media
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
Please apply through the FCDO careers site.