MNI seeks a bilingual journalist and editor with experience of reporting in China, to head our small but influential Beijing bureau, coordinating coverage of the PBOC, trade and other key issues affecting the world’s second-largest economy. The successful candidate will have native-level English and be fluent in Mandarin, as well as adept not only at identifying the angles which can set our reporting apart but also at developing high-level sources. Excellent English news writing and editing skills are essential, together with a track record of economic and financial reporting,. MNI’s fast-growing international news service is quickly establishing a reputation as a prime source of information about China’s policy debate. Our new correspondent will play a major role in its future.
The principal responsibilities of this position include:
- Coordinating Beijing bureau coverage, leading an enthusiastic team of reporters.
- Interviewing government and PBOC officials, as well as key government advisors.
- Breaking news on China’s economy, exchange rate and monetary policy.
- News planning, in coordination with international editors.
- Writing and editing news stories
What we’re looking for:
- The ability to lead a reporting team.
- A proven track record as a journalist for a major newswire or publication.
- An understanding of monetary policy and the economy, tied with the ability to find a story buried under layers of complexity and technicalities and to write about it quickly in simple language.
- Someone with drive, who is self-motivated and highly competitive.
- Native-level English, together with excellent Mandarin.
What We Offer:
- Major career and professional development. We develop and promote talent. Each member of our small global team has myriad opportunities to excel.
- A competitive compensation package.
- An incredible team of talented and passionate people.
- A fulfilling and challenging work environment.
MNI recognises the importance of work life balance. If this challenge appeals to
you, please come talk to us. Send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com