Senior Director, Business Development, CBBC China
China-Britain Business Council
Locations: Beijing or Shanghai
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) is the leading organisation helping UK companies of all sizes and sectors, whether new entrants or established operations. CBBC has worked with China for over 60 years and our team has extensive experience of doing business there. We offer practical in-market assistance, services, industry initiatives and a membership programme delivering access, seminars, and networking through our network of 13 locations in China and 11 in the UK.
CBBC works closely with a range of partners across the UK and China, including the UK Department for International Trade (DIT). For more information about us, please visit our website at www.cbbc.org.
We are seeking a dynamic and commercially astute Senior Business Development Director to lead on product development and quality control in China, and to contribute to CBBC’s strategic marketing and communications work. The successful candidate’s primary objective is to make sure that CBBC’s existing products and services are market leading and continuously evolving offers, which are marketed well to client-facing colleagues in the UK to discuss with companies in the UK.
Reporting into the Executive Director for Business Development in the UK, the successful candidate will play a leading role helping to further develop the membership offer, and lead on driving sales and sponsorship revenue in China. The candidate will manage the Launchpad® and research teams from a quality control perspective, signing off on customer proposal templates, ensuring efficient delivery and ensuring high-quality products are delivered.
The post holder should be a pro-active leader with proven ability of developing new service offerings based on market demand and internal resources. Excellent organisational and business development skills are essential to ensure the delivery and development of high-quality products and services in a fast paced environment. The right candidate will possess a balance between a hands-on, practical, approach and strategic thinking to coach colleagues.
- Lead on product development and quality control in China.
- Lead on Launchpad from a product development point of view, making sure the product evolves and is positioned as CBBC’s premium service.
- Develop and implement a sponsorship strategy in China, and act as a mentor for colleagues selling sponsorship.
- Assist with high level strategic member and partner engagement
- Provide strategic sales leadership support to the team in China.
- Support CBBC’s strategic marketing efforts in China
- Feedback market and customer insights and intelligence to help guide the marketing and communications strategy in China
- Support project and programme external bids.
- Provide management support and guidance to the Launchpad Director, Copywriters and Senior Coordinator (Research).
- Work closely with the Managing Director, Senior Director, Regional Directors and Sector leads in China.
- Excellent organizational skills and commercial acumen.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including strong presentation skills.
- Proven ability to analyse the competitive environment
- Strong sales and marketing background
- Knowledge of the China market and network
- Clear client focus and an ability to work in partnership with key stakeholders,
- Experience coaching teams on client relationship management
- Fluent English
- Chinese language skills preferred
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter explaining how your personality and experience meet our requirements together with detailed CV in English, an indication of your current salary and expected salary to the following email address: SBD201808@cbbc.org.cn.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified and that applicants who fail to provide a cover letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 28 September 2018
Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.