About the company
Dezan Shira & Associates (DSA) is a specialist foreign direct investment practice with a pan-Asia presence. DSA has grown into one of Asia’s most versatile full-service consultancies, primarily providing market entry, legal, tax, accounting, HR and operational advisory to international corporate investors, from our more than 28 offices across Mainland China, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia and India. DSA’s subsidiary Asia Briefing (AB), publishes business news and analysis in the form of articles and magazines which are regionally focused through its sub-brands, China Briefing, Vietnam Briefing, ASEAN Briefing, India Briefing and others.
Reporting to Group Marketing management and working closely with our International Business Advisory and technical teams, this role coordinates the planning and execution of brand-consistent promotional campaigns that contribute to and leverage Dezan Shira & Associates’ (DSA’s) ever-advancing mixed medium group marketing tools and capabilities, across multiple channels in order to enhance and grow our brand value and image, our readership and event engagement, and our partner eco-system, as well as contribute to lead generation. Your primary market is the East and North China regions (SH, BJ, and other cities), and will also carry select business lines / international desk markets as secondary focuses.
If you have relevant marketing and business development experience, and are motivated to help us with building brand value, awareness, audiences, lead development and engagement in East and North China, then we look forward to speaking with you!
Market and Campaign Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute an ongoing pipeline of campaigns for your regions and business lines, in tandem with group marketing and others, to grow awareness, audiences, value, and leads;
- Leverage social media, email, events, video and other channels effectively to promote our news briefings and thought leadership in relation to foreign investment and operations in China;
- Execute an active ongoing calendar of online and offline events and short video media featuring our experts, knowledge and advisory services – including from concept to final production and hosting;
- Conceptualize and coordinate design and digital requests with internal teams, to create effective collateral for your distributions, including EDM’s, brochures, social posts, case study materials, etc.;
- Respond to media enquiries and help to coordinate interview requests across the firm;
- Provide regular campaign and monthly activity and performance reports;
- Organize and grow Dezan Shira’s and Asia Briefing’s print and digital publications distribution channels in your market, including stock take management of all printed materials.
- Actively liaise and collaborate with other DSA marketing, editorial, business development and business line professionals, on internal and external projects.
- Develop a media, events, and business organization partnership network for your markets;
- Collaborate systematically with other marketers to drive relationships development and activity with partners such as, chambers of commerce, trade organizations, consulates, service providers, etc.;
- Actively represent Dezan Shira and Asia Briefing in the business community at networking events to build new connections for the firm, create awareness and identify potential partners and clients;
- Maintain records of leads, partners, subscribers, and campaign activities for your market in CRM.
General Role Responsibilities:
- Regularly share ideas, topics and suggestions between marketing, editorial and business teams, to help promote and align thought leadership with practical realities and local insights;
- Develop and maintain a business understanding DSA services; Keep abreast of DSA’s latest publications every day to continually enhance your knowledge;
- Drive multiple tasks efficiently with strong time management to meet quality and timeline goals.
- Contribute to DSA and Asia Briefing weekly and monthly marketing meetings;
- Contribute to recruiting and supervising interns, to assist on projects, research and routine tasks;
- Contribute to group marketing projects as required from time to time.
Skills & experience
- Strong marketing awareness and initiative, with an understanding of running campaigns;
- Solid understanding of content marketing – digital, events and direct marketing
- Knowledge and interest in professional services, eg: market entry, legal, tax, finance, HR, IT;
- Good presentation skills to use when representing a company, or pitch marketing proposals / ideas.
- A track record of developing business and partner relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently under deadline
- Willingness to travel in the region
- Works very effectively across cultures and with different teams;
- 3-6 years’ experience in B2B marketing, media, or PR (professional services sector is desirable).
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field preferred
- Must currently be resident in the country of the open position, preferably in the city of hire.
- Native or Fluent Business English, with excellent communication skills; Mandarin is an asset.
- Competence with Microsoft Office and CRM; Other marketing software may be a plus.
The position is ideal for individuals that seek to work in a positive, constructive, creative and often entrepreneurial B2B environment.
How to apply
Dezan Shira is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. Dezan Shira is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should include a cover letter that does not exceed 300 words (please indicate dates of availability and salary expectations) and a CV that does not exceed two pages. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample and complete a short writing exercise.
If you are interested in this position, please login and apply or write to firstname.lastname@example.org