This position is offering the applicant to play a key role in the expansion of an innovative UK company within the furniture and household goods sector.
This is a full-time position based in Tianjin.
Furniture Box is looking to hire a Supplier Account Manager to handle local operations with its key suppliers in Tianjin and surrounding areas. The candidate will be a key point of contact for existing suppliers and projects, whilst engaging with new opportunities in product and supply chain. This is an exciting opportunity to worth with a close-knit UK team, who value hard work and an open office environment. The candidate will be hired under Kinyu’s China Desk model, which ensures a secure working environment and local employee engagement.
Overview of the role and responsibilities
Existing supply chain management
- Help to manage the company’s supply portfolio in China/Asia, assisting with managing communications with supplier network.
- Cooperate with stakeholders to ensure full and clear co-operation with suppliers.
- Working with the global product sourcing manager on forecasting, purchasing and compliance teams to ensure production schedules are on time and products are ready for new markets/compliant.
- Help our global product sourcing manager to oversee product quality control through engagement with factories and quality inspectors.
- Monitor, implement and inspect factory/product improvement processes.
- Help to ensure the efficiency of product lifecycle and help development of new product ranges.
- Liaise with and manage relationships with existing network of 3-party co-operative contacts E.g Freight forwarders, QC & audit companies, photography studios, document printers.
Diversification and expansion of supply chain
- Discover, analyse, and partner with trustworthy new vendors and suppliers.
- Conduct assessment of pricing, factory standard, product quality and operational factors when choosing or changing suppliers. Feedback reports of findings to global product sourcing manager.
- Gaining an understanding of and staying up to date with Chinese supply conditions and the potential impacts on business.
- Research and report findings on local market material prices and labour costs.
Delivery and execution of China based projects
- Implement and oversee new project initiatives.
- Work towards introducing more environmentally friendly and sustainable practices throughout our supply chain.
- Execute technical improvements and innovation of product and practices.
- Ensure that new projects are fully understood by supplier network and integrated to supply chain function as permanent changes.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ proven experience within the manufacturing industry, preferably within the furniture sector.
- Ability to assess and improve factory processes and quality of manufactured goods.
- Experience in product development/new product sourcing.
- Understanding of product materials and design.
- Good level of fluency in English and Chinese, both in verbal and written form.
- Understanding of the evolving Chinese market.
- Competent in Microsoft Office – particularly excel.
- Very good organisational skills.
- Willingness to work flexible working hours.
- Strong management and leadership potential.
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analysing and interpreting data.
- Solid independent judgement ability and integrity enabling good and fair decisions to be made.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Reliable and trustworthy individual.
- Ability to travel – travel to factories and suppliers will be required.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Ability to establish and sustain networking relationships with global contacts across the far/middle east.
- Salary and bonus package competitive within the market.
- Generous annual leave scheme.
- Work training days and social events.
- Opportunity for travel.
- Start-up mentality, open and flexible working environment.
- Smart office environment in Tianjin CBD.
- International working environment working on exciting projects.