Terms and Conditions
This website (“Site”) is an interactive online platform operated by The British Chamber of Commerce in China (“the Chamber”), consisting of content provided by the Chamber, or its respective third party vendors, including but not limited to freelance authors and photographers, developers, advertisers, and partner organisations (“Third Parties”). The Chamber is a membership organisation and provides members and non-members differentiated levels of access to the Site. “User” means any person that establishes or accesses a user account (“Account”) in order to use the Site.
The Chamber has the right to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Site including, but not limited to, content, levels of accessibility to members and non-members, and equipment/programmes needed for access and use.
All materials provided on the Site, including but not limited to information, documents, products, logos, graphics, sounds, images, software, and services (Materials), are provided either by the Chamber or by their respective Third Parties and are the copyrighted work of the Chamber and/or its Third Parties. Users may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works or in any way exploit the Materials of the Site, in whole or in part, without the express written permission of the Chamber. In the event that permission to do the above stated is given, no changes or deletions may be made to the Materials and proper attribution of the Chamber and Third Party (if relevant) will be required.
Materials may be downloaded for personal use only. The User does not acquire ownership rights by downloading Materials.
Hyperlinks to Materials on the Site may be added to Third Party sites without prior written permission of the Chamber, and may be distributed through social media and other web-based channels.
Software and Equipment
The User is responsible for obtaining, by download or installment, any equipment or software required in order to access any Materials on the Site and any charges related to the same. The User is solely responsible for abiding by the License Agreement terms of any software or equipment downloaded.
User Content and Rules of Conduct
The User shall use the Site for lawful purposes only. The User shall not post or transmit any content which:
- is unlawful, abusive, defamatory, invasive, vulgar, obscene, profane, or otherwise objectionable, violates or infringes on the rights of others, or encourages unlawful behaviour;
- contains advertising, political campaigning or solicitation without prior approval from the Chamber. The Chamber reserves the right to ban SPAMMERS from the Site without notification;
- impersonates another person or entity, misrepresents the affiliation of another User with a person or other entity, or is intentionally misleading or false;
- is private information of a third party, including but not limited to personal addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, passport or identification card numbers, credit or bank card numbers;
- which is unrelated to the topic of the Materials for which the User Content is posted;
- which is falsely posted by a business to support its own business, or posted by a competitor to slander a rival business;
- which violates, plagiarises, or infringes on Third Party rights including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, patents, and confidentiality;
- which violates the laws of the PRC
- The British Chamber of Commerce in China does not accept responsibility for information posted by Users.
Except where expressly provided otherwise by the British Chamber of Commerce in china, the materials on the website are provided as is and the chamber hereby disclaims all express or implied representations, warranties, guaranties, and conditions, including but not limited to any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, except to the extent that such disclaimers are held to be legally invalid. The chamber makes no representations, warranties, guaranties, or conditions as to the quality, suitability, truth, accuracy, or completeness of any of the materials contained on the website.
The documents and related graphics published on this server could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. The chamber and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the product(s) and/or the programme(s) described herein at any time.
Limitation of Liability
The British Chamber of Commerce in China shall not be liable for any damages suffered as a result of using, modifying, contributing, copying, distributing, or downloading the materials. In no event shall the chamber be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damage (including but not limited to loss of business, revenue, profits, use, data or other economic advantage), however it arises, even if the chamber has been previously advised of the possibility of such damage. You agree to hold the chamber harmless from, and you covenant not to sue the chamber, for any claims based on or related to the use of the site.
The User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Chamber, its affiliates and their respective employees and agents from and against any claims and expenses, including attorney fees, arising out of his or her use of the Site.
Third Party Content
Some of the Materials on the Site may be supplied by Third Parties or by Users. Opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other content made available by Third Parties are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s), not the Chamber. The Chamber is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any User Content or submissions by a Third Party and will, under no circumstances, be responsible for any loss or damage caused by a User’s use or reliance on information obtained through the Site. The User is solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of any information provided on the Site.
Links to Third Party Sites
This Site may contain links to, or produce automated search results linking to, websites controlled by parties other than the Chamber. These sites are not controlled by the Chamber and the Chamber is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the contents or use of these third party websites. Users are solely responsible for taking precautions to ensure that sites they choose to view are free of viruses or other items of a destructive nature.
All Chamber logos and all Materials incorporating the Chamber name, logo or supporting graphics are the property of the Chamber. All rights reserved. Other trademarks appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
Third Party Rights
The Chamber respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our Users to do the same. The Chamber may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, terminate the access/accounts of users who infringe on the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or any other violation of your rights, please contact the Chamber with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed or material which otherwise violates your rights;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing/violating is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.