The British Chamber of Commerce invites you to a Member’s only luncheon with the UK Ambassadors to Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, the British Centre on Wednesday 3rd April, 12:30- 2:15pm. The group of UK Ambassadors are keen to hear views from UK businesses working in China who are either already operating in Central Asia or are looking to grow their business there.
The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the following themes:
- Current issues/challenges in China economy
- Overall status/trends of UK-China trade & investment relations
- Belt & Road: trends, actual business opportunities, issues (China’s role in Central Asia and the opportunities for UK business)
- Key issues/challenges for UK business seeking to expand in to Central Asia
- How the UK Government can support UK business in Central Asia
12.00: Arrival, light lunch & networking
12.30: Opening remarks
12.35: General introduction – Alastair Cole (British Embassy) :
12.40: Group discussion
13.10: Free/Open discussion
14.00: Close & final networking
UK Ambassadors in Attendance:
• His Excellency Michael Gifford, United Kingdom Ambassador to Kazakhstan CV
• His Excellency Christopher Allan, United Kingdom Ambassador to Uzbekistan CV
• His Excellency Hugh Philpott, United Kingdom Ambassador to Tajikistan CV
• Her Excellency Thorda Abbott-Watt, United Kingdom Ambassador to Turkmenistan CV
• Ms Jennifer Tasker, United Kingdom Deputy Ambassador to Kyrgyzstan
• Mr Peter Fernandez-Cardy, United Kingdom Head of the Department for International Development in Central Asia.
• Mr Jon Ryan, 1st Secretary of the British Embassy to Kazakhstan.
The British Centre, 1001 China Life Tower, 16 Chaoyangmenwai Dajie, Beijing 100020
Please email: email@example.com to register.