Are you a creative, motivated individual with an interest in marketing, communications and events?
Would you like the challenge to create marketing campaigns for an audience of over 20,000, run over 30 events per year, and to network with senior business leaders?
The British Chamber is looking for an Events and Communications Manager to join our team in Beijing.
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic office where no two days are the same – you’ll have the freedom to put your own ideas into action, to interact with a wide range of senior business leaders, and to grow your professional network.
The successful applicant will be responsible for planning, budgeting and the execution of events and marketing – including events management, branding, copywriting, digital marketing as well as media and vendor relations.
Some of our key events include:
- Highland Games
- British Ball
- Christmas Market
- British Business Awards
These are just a few examples of key Chamber events – our events programme covers everything from community events for 2000+ people, to high-level government meetings and sector-specific roundtables.
About the British Chamber
The British Chamber of Commerce in China is a membership organisation with a focus on providing advocacy, business support and networking opportunities for British businesses in China. We operate as an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a strong and diverse membership, representing British companies across the country.
For 40 years we have supported British businesses succeeding across China. We advocate for the best possible market environment and are at the heart of the British business community supporting one another to grow and thrive in one of the world’s fastest growing markets.
What does the role involve?
- Managing the British Chamber’s wide-ranging programme of events – from large-scale events like the Highland Games and British Ball to industry-specific panels and meetings
- Devising new ideas for events and marketing campaigns to support member companies and bring revenue to the Chamber
- Manage budget and revenue targets for individual events and the annual events programme as a whole
- Responsibility for all of the Chamber’s day-to-day marketing and communications across WeChat, LinkedIn, email and other channels
- Creative copywriting, designing events and marketing collateral and communications strategy for marketing campaigns around Chamber initiatives
- Growing the Chamber’s social media platforms and online presence through engaging and creative content
- Communicating with members, vendors, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Identifying potential sponsorship or partnership opportunities to support our events
- Supporting the Membership team on reaching out to more British and Chinese companies who can get involved in our events
- Supporting the Advocacy team to effectively promote our key annual reports
What do we want from you?
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- At least 4 years’ working experience in marketing and/or events in an international environment
- Fluency in English and Chinese is desirable
- Based in Beijing – this is a full-time in-person role
- Basic IT skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite etc.)
- Graphic design skills (Adobe Photoshop, Canva etc.) are a plus
The ideal candidate will be:
- Creative and full of ideas
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems
- Proactive and able to quickly adapt to changes
- Highly-organised with excellent interpersonal skills
- Internationally-minded with knowledge of the British and Chinese business environment and an interest in UK-China relations
What do you get?
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday per year, plus national holidays
- Free place on our Young Professional Development Programme
- Based in a prestigious modern office location in Beijing’s Central Business District, with unlimited tea and coffee supplied
- Free gym access at the Trainyard
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Rachel Tsang, Managing Director of BCCC at firstname.lastname@example.org before 19 May 2023.