Beijing Field Studies (BFS) is the Outdoor Education wing of Venture Education, an award-winning consultancy headquartered in Beijing. BFS helps students to connect with nature and learn about the environment through interactive, educational field trips. Since 2017, it has run successful field trips to a diverse range of natural spots in and around Beijing, including Fragrant Hill, Botanical Gardens, Olympic Forest Park, Huairou Mountains, and more. These field trips have inspired thousands of students through engaging activities such as bird watching, nature bingo, and plant identification.
We are looking for someone positive, compassionate, empathetic, student-oriented and very well-organised. You will be involved in the ongoing management of our BFS programme and have the opportunity to work with a number of clients, both in China and overseas; learning along the way about every aspect of outdoor and experiential education in China.
The director of Beijing Field Studies is responsible for:
• Overseeing the overall delivery and business development of the BFS programme
• Managing the recruitment and training of the team of trip facilitators
• Reviewing and developing the programme’s trip curriculums, internal organisational structure and marketing and outreach
• Identifying and actioning on new opportunities to develop and grow both B2B and B2C product streams
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience and interest in education and teaching; especially in a Chinese context
• A passion and appreciation for the natural world and good sustainability practices.
• An enterprising personality with a proven track record of executing quality
• Strong spoken and written English; there is no preference for nationality
• Creative approaches to outdoor education and experiential learning
• Attention to detail; capable of producing both quality and quantity
• Excellent organisation, analytical and communications skills
• An energetic, can-do attitude and an ability to work in a fast-moving environment
• Opportunities to align with your areas of interest where possible
• Constructive feedback and professional development
• Collaboration with friendly, interesting and supportive colleagues
• An active role that has global reach and impact
Flexible role options:
• Full Time (Combined with work in the consultancy team): Working full time all year round, with the Venture team on events or partners management during BFS off-seasons.
• Full Time (Seasonal): Working full time for two 3/4 month periods; August, September, October and March, April, May, June
• Part Time (Seasonal): Working full time for two 4-month periods; August, September,October, November and February, March, April, May, June
Salary: Is flexible and will depend on the working arrangement agreed upon
Location (multiple): Dongdaqiao, Maquanying, Xiaotangshan and remote
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and cover letter setting out your motivations and suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org