This page details information sourced from UK & China government, news outlets, schools and businesses. It includes the latest updates about the novel coronavirus outbreak, useful information for UK nationals in China, as well as advice how to manage your business during this time and relevant analysis on the short and long-term effects of the outbreak on business in China.
Chamber coronavirus news
The British Chamber of Commerce official statement can be found here.
- Impact of novel coronavirus pneumonia [Download Report here]
- Impact of Covid-19: A second survey assessing the evolving impact of Covid-19 on British Business across China [Download Report here]
- Policy Insights: Novel coronavirus hit industries hard, but economy will recover [link]
BritCham will be hosting webinars and posting analysis during this time on the economic impact of coronavirus and what it means for British business in China. Please subscribe to our newsletter for all of the latest information.
Latest Policies From Beijing
Travellers that are exempted from the 14-day quarantine rule.
Tips on how to best protect the workforce when returning to the office.
Summary of the legal responsibilities of all those involved in the city’s COVID-19 control efforts, including enterprises.
- Centering on Stabilizing Foreign Investment, the Ministry of Commerce Improves Services for Foreign Invested Enterprises and Investment Attraction
Details of some of the measures MOFCOM has in place to support foreign invested enterprises in China.
Beijing has extended the collection period for social insurance premiums to the end of July for companies in tourism, catering and other hard-hit industries, among other policies.
- A Letter to Non-Chinese Citizen Visitors in Beijing from the Foreign Affairs Office of the People’s Government of Beijing Municipality
The local government’s initial outreach to the foreign community in Beijing.
UK government information, updates and alerts
China government information, updates and alerts
- China’s National Health Commission homepage (EN) and (CN)
- National Immigration Administration (NIA) website (CN)
- Public prevention advice (EN/CN)
- General Administration of Customs notice on tax exemption for goods imported for disease control
- A Letter to Non-Chinese Citizen Visitors in Beijing from the Foreign Affairs Office
- BritCham China Policy Insights: Novel coronavirus hit economy hard, but industries will recover [7th Feb]
- EIU: Coronavirus economic & business implications webinar [3rd Feb]
- EIU: Coronavirus: four scenarios for China’s economy [3rd Feb]
- Guardian: How coronavirus is affecting the global economy [5th Feb]
- BBC: Coronavirus: The economic cost is rising in China and beyond [6th Feb]
British Chamber members' efforts to support coronavirus
- Rio Tinto donated A$1m ($0.6m) to the Chinese Red Cross Foundation [link]
- Diageo: RMB 10m to Wuhan Charity Federation [link]
- GSK: Collaboration with CEPI on vaccine development [link]
- AstraZeneca donated medicine of over RMB 5.5million to Wuhan [link]
- UK Govt: £20m to support vaccine development [link]
- Oxford Immunotec announces donation in support of coronavirus testing efforts to help differentiate tuberculosis from the new China virus [link]
Click here for more updates