Sandpiper, one of the fastest growing reputation and policy management consultancies in the world, is seeking a talented and entrepreneurial individual to join our Financial Services practice in China. The successful candidate will be based in Beijing but will work for our clients across the Asia Pacific region.
Sandpiper is a multi-award-winning agency that so far in 2023 has been named Asia Pacific Large Consultancy of the Year by both PR Week and the PRCA; is the second fastest growing firm in Asia Pacific and the 14th fastest growing PR firm in the world. In Asia Pacific we are the only firm to have a dedicated professional services practice and are the largest public affairs agency in China.
Our team are trusted advisors to industry leaders and market disruptors. We combine strong regional market and industry understanding with global perspectives. Our expertise spans corporate communications, healthcare, financial services, and capital markets communications, professional services, ESG and sustainability, brand PR, media relations, public affairs and public policy, and technology.
Operating with one global P&L, we harness new technologies to deliver advisory backed by rigorous research and deep insights, and to meet the evolving needs of our clients quickly and effectively wherever they are in the world.
Our firm is built around a simple proposition: by hiring the right people to do smart thinking, and equipping them with the right technologies and tools, we deliver results and business benefits for our clients. Our clients are diverse, ranging from the world’s leading asset managers, insurers, and banks to disruptive technology firms that are reshaping the way commerce is carried out.
We partner with some of the world’s leading businesses and brands to develop effective, evidence-based communications strategies and programmes.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced, energetic, and creative financial communications professional, who is excited by the proposition of advising local and international clients.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum 5 years’ experience, with significant experience working in consultancy and be a self-starter who thrives in a highly empowered environment.
We want all our colleagues to participate in shaping client strategies and contributing to the growth and management of our business, and we highly value fresh thinking and fresh ideas!
Our multinational team of senior advisers combines local knowledge with a global perspective. We believe a deep understanding of the sectors in which our clients operate is a prerequisite of strategic counsel and campaigns that make our clients stand out.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with clients, the media, and other external audiences
- Capable of multi-tasking on multiple projects – managing priorities and meeting deadlines, while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Collegiate, team player
- Creative thinker
- Entrepreneurial with strong business acumen
- Financial Services sector knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum (a plus if it is in related fields such as communications, English, journalism, politics, economics, or business)
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for supporting Sandpiper’s Financial Services client work across the Greater China region. Reporting into the regional practice leads, your role will include:
- Provide support between clients, outside suppliers, and other internal/external audiences
- Produce a broad range of written materials
- Organize and support project team in brainstorming, planning, and events
- Conduct research necessary to analyze client issues, and develop accurate summaries and analyses of research that create insights and use them to make strategic recommendations to clients
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of media, including general environment and trends, work processes, characteristics of different media types, and features of key media outlets
- Maintain a good understanding of clients’ business objectives, and the issues in their sector
- Draft high-level communications materials
- Build and maintain strong media relations to meet client objectives, including generating storylines and topic angles, media pitches and arranging media interviews
- Social media support, and keep up to date with social trends and KOLs
What we offer
An opportunity to work at a fast-growing agency where you can have genuine responsibility and if you chose, autonomy to create new products and services that are aligned with the evolution of the communications industry and changing client needs.
At Sandpiper, we also offer a collaborative and stimulating work environment as well as attractive remuneration and benefits.
If you want to work for the agency of the future, not the past; are bored doing the same thing every day and want to have more influence over your career – then come and join us!