JOB GOAL / PURPOSE:
The Accounting Manager performs all duties relating to accounting, financial reporting, and audit in support of the Finance Director. This position develops and maintains accounting principles, practices and procedures at School to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. She / He supervises the accounting staff to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner, and addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITES:
GENERAL ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL REPORTING
- Supervise and assist accounts payable, payroll, student billing, receivable account collection and other accounting activities in the Business Office.
- Review and approve accounting transactions in the financial system, identify and correct errors, identify and compute accruals, ensure accurate and appropriate coding and approval of all revenue, expenditure and journal transactions to appropriate accounts.
- Prepare, post and reconcile all cash, gifting and investment activity and related accounting entries.
- Ensure the timely coverage of all monthly payments, bills and receivables reporting.
- Ensure accurate and timely month-, quarter- and year-end close.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial information and reporting, including preparing all financial statements, bank account reconciliations, cash and variance analyses, and dashboard reports.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate general ledger chart of accounts.
- Assisting the Finance Director in the preparation and monitoring of departmental budgets and forecasts.
- Respond to inquiries from divisions regarding divisional expense report.
- Ensure Board Finance Policy and School Finance Policies are executed without error. Communicating accounting policies to affected employees and ensure compliance with such policies.
- Maintain all general and permanent accounting files for the school
- Assist the Finance Director with the daily banking requirements and cash management.
- Supervise all incoming cash receipts and deposits.
- Maintain daily cash balances and review report from bank daily.
- Prepare weekly cash report to Finance director.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliation report and account movement report to Finance Director.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee the annual financial audits with Auditor.
- FIXED ASSET
- Maintain the fixed asset inventory system by supervising the recording of all items in the inventory, maintaining pertinent records and ensuring adequate treatment of fixed asset acquisitions and retirements.
- Work with auditor to perform stock check as scheduled.
SURVEY AND EXTERNAL REPORTING
- Prepare US grant application, reports and reimbursement requests.
- Prepare all periodic surveys and compliance reports for school industry organizations, as well as other internal and external information requests for financial data.
- Maintain relationship with tax supervisor, prepare EIT tax filing.
- Provide training to new and existing accounting staff as needed.
- Supervise accounting staff to establish individual goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Perform other miscellaneous tasks as may be assigned by the Finance Director.
Skills & Requirements
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum bachelor degree in Accounting, professional Accounting Certificate required
- At least ten years of working experience in bookkeeping, financial reporting/general ledger area, and at least five years in an accounting supervisory role
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX system a plus.
- PC proficient and excellent skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficiency in English and Chinese languages.
- Excellent communication and organization skills, and detail-oriented
- Thorough knowledge in financial accounting and reporting
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Bi-lingual in Chinese and English.
To apply, visit ISB’s website at https://www.isb.cn/employment/generalvacancies.