EiM believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success and that contributions should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities.
Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary responsibilities but not limit the employee nor EiM to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the company, that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our organisation.
|Department||Communications (based in Shanghai)|
|Job Title||Communications Manager|
Duties and Responsibilities
|The Communications Manager is responsible for providing strategic counsel and developing relevant content to build and protect the reputation of EiM and its brands with internal and external stakeholders. The Communications Manager also leads and oversees the day-to-day tactical communications functions to ensure consistent, relevant and engaging messaging across EiM’s channels.|
Communications strategy development and implementation
· Determine and implement strategic communications campaigns that will help further the organisation’s business and communications goals, both internal and external.
· Develop and implement communications strategies to support new brand, product and programme launches, both externally and internally.
· Support schools with developing communications strategies that engage and retain school-specific target audiences while aligning with the Group strategy.
Strategic counsel and partnership for leadership, cross-functional stakeholders and schools
· Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders to develop dynamic, impactful key messages and narratives for new brands, products, programmes.
· Collaborate with Digital Marketing, Brand Marketing, Admissions and Digital Experience colleagues and provide the communications strategy and relevant content for cross-functional projects.
Reputation building and management, including issues and crises communications
· Strategise and develop content to manage issues / crises, including frameworks, processes, templates, toolkits to guide internal and external communications.
· Leverage PR and comms to build the Group’s reputation through enhancing market positioning, industry thought leadership and market presence of key stakeholders.
· Establish a unified, consistent voice for EiM by developing guidelines (e.g. style, quality, social media, etc.)
Project and agency management
· Manage the content production and publishing process, including the ‘always-on’ content publishing agenda and calendar.
· Oversee the development and distribution of multimedia communications assets, including videos, podcasts, etc.
· Collaborate with Digital Marketing colleagues to monitor effectiveness of content, including on social, website and earned media channels.
· Negotiate and manage group-based vendor relationships
|Develop supportive and safe learning environments||· Education in Motion is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.|
|Requirement||· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or Media Studies|
· At least 5 years of communications or marketing experience
· The ideal candidate will have both agency and in-house experience, particularly in the education management industry
· Strong project management experience from strategy to execution
· Attention to detail, and ability to collaborate with others and work in a fast-pace environment
· Native English (both written and spoken), proficiency in Mandarin Chinese preferred
· Strong presentation skills
· Ability to provide sound counsel and advice to senior leadership and external and internal stakeholders
· Well versed in MS Office
· Strong organizational, stakeholder management and communication skills
· Strong English content development skills
For further information, please contact Jenny Zou: firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 28th February 2022.