Education Designer- Job Description
About Venture Education
Venture Education empowers UK education in China. Headquartered in Beijing, Venture is an independent consultancy with a diverse team of innovative educators, researchers, business specialists and project leaders. We have a considerable network of individuals and organisations in both China and the UK. Our goal is to improve global education through sharing best practice, partnering between leading organisations and developing creative new approaches. Our approach is bespoke: we are extremely passionate about every project and geared towards either sustainable quality by-the-book or wild invention for maximum impact. Our clients include different departments of national governments, NGOs & charities and businesses of all sizes. While we work across all aspects of education, from early years to EdTech, we have particular focuses in employability, entrepreneurship & professional development, girls’ and women’s education and student transition (including school to school, school to university, university to employment and country to country).
Previous and current projects range very widely: from research reports on education opportunities in Hainan, to delivering employability workshops for a UK university TNE partnership in Shaanxi; from assisting a UK independent school with market entry, to promoting emerging leadership skills in teenage girls in Beijing with a professional mentoring programme. Venture Education frequently features in international media outlets and was a finalist for two awards in the UN-backed 2019 China Social Impact Awards.
We need someone that will:
- Take charge of solving the design problems and participate in the development of new ideas within our organisation.
- Develop graphics and layouts for products, all internal and external marketing, visual identities and websites from concept to the final implementation.
- Maintain consistency and follow brand guidelines in internal notices, posters and documents
- Originate, test and deploy designs across various media
- Work with colleagues and management team to establish directions and design solution
The ideal candidate will have:
- Keen eye for typography
- A strong portfolio showcasing examples of visual identity and layout design
- Ability to design for both print and digital
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines; detail oriented
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Can do attitude
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field
- Proficient in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop.
- Animation and video editing skills are an advantage but not essential.
- A positive, energetic and enterprising work environment
- The opportunity to build your work experience around your own personal and professional development goals
- Interaction with friendly and professional colleagues from all over the world
- A huge variety of interesting projects with diverse partners
- 8000 to 15000 RMB (depending on experience and qualifications)
- Medical Insurance provided
- Monday – Friday; 9AM to 6PM
- Located in Chaoyang, Beijing; Opposite the French School
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and portfolio (up to 5 MB) setting out your motivations and suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org