The Hutong is Greater China’s most sought-after experiential education provider. We inspire growth through the power of experiences in learners of all ages, providing exceptional experiences and impact far beyond the classroom walls.
Our programs guide participants on journeys through community engagement, cultural activities, inquiry- focused projects and physical challenges. We design experiences which take groups beyond simply seeing sights, enabling everyone to connect with their surroundings and each other in memorable and rewarding ways.
The Hutong Education Team is looking for exceptional individuals to join our team of Operations Coordinators who are responsible for overseeing the logistics of our programs throughout the development, planning, and execution of our programs in Hong Kong. Operations coordinators are organisational champions and leaders. To ensure that their program delivers on The Hutong’s Mission to provide exceptional cultural experiences in a fun, learning environment, Operations Coordinators ensure Hutong programs serves the unique needs of our client and run as smooth as possible.
Responsibilities (what you will do):
- Be a logistical leader of our programs, especially during our busy fall and spring seasons, responsible administering and coordinating all logistics (transportation, dining, accommodation, activity set-up, etc. ) throughout our Programs Life Cycles in Hong Kong.
- Work in close collaboration with our Hong Kong Program Managers in the preparation and planning of programs, ensuring they are set up for success and deliver on our mission of providing exceptional cultural experiences in a fun learning environment;
- Establish and negotiate partnerships with individuals, community organizations and local businesses in Hong Kong;
- Be a key contributor on research trips to our program locations to develop programing and logistics, review safety and conduct risk assessments, and maintain relationships with our 3rd party providers; Serve as main point of contact for all local vendors and partners, which will include managing expectations, managing payment and contract negotiations;
- Be a key contributor of ensuring, especially on program, that our dedication to customer service excellence is met;
- Manage the tracking, purchasing and storage of supplies and equipment for programs;
- Coordinate the submission of all relevant follow-up documents; Manage the execution and record keeping of program finances with support from the Education Department’s administration staff.
- Support Program Development, Sales, Marketing, and Account Management teams in developing programs for clients
- Work cross-departmentally on key strategic projects helping the organization to achieve long term goals
Requirements (qualifications and experience):
- Strong work experience in related fields, including logistical support for student groups on experiential learning or travel programs;
- Strong verbal communications skills;
- Are efficient, self-motivated and highly organized;
- Able to multi-task and prioritize, especially during busy times;
- Flexible to work with and delegate to a diverse team;
- Ability to obtain security background checks, and recognised qualifications from a national governing body or reputable organisations of your home or host country;
- Punctual, with the ability to set and stick to deadlines and get back to clients in a timely manner;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Conceptual skills to understand our principles of program design and apply them to support development of programming in our destinations;
- Passionate about providing top-notch, exceptional customer service;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills that help connect with and motivate partners of The Hutong to work together on projects;
- Have an eye-for-detail, seeking out personal touches to turn great ideas into standard practice;
- Patient and calm during times of pressure;
- Passionate about sharing local culture and knowledge with others;
- Willing to travel and work long hours during our peak seasons;
- Fluent in Cantonese preferred;
- Fluency in spoken English and proficient in written English;
- Possess an updated tour guide license is a bonus;
- Possess Mandarin Chinese language skills is a bonus;
Salary, Culture, Equality and Inclusion
The Hutong Education compensates all full-time and part-time staff with industry-competitive wages based on an individual’s relevant work experience. More details regarding compensation will be provided upon application.
The Hutong is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. We strive to create an exceptional place to work, learn and grow, which includes opportunities to work remotely, together with working from inspiring co-working spaces. We offer flexi-time schedules to best suit your lifestyle and provide annual growth budgets to support you with your personal and professional growth.
These are just a small handful of reasons why we were nominated as a finalist in 2020 for Best Employer and in 2022 the British Company of the Year (SME) at the British Business Awards, as well as winning the Education Supplier Award and the Heads’ Choice Award at the China Schools Awards in 2021 and 2023.
Applications open and accepted from: 1st – 30th November; Hiring decisions completed in December 2023.
To apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief cover letter introducing yourself, and telling us why you would be great for this role.
To learn more about what we do, please visit education.thehutong.com.