Venture Education empowers UK education in China. Headquartered in Beijing, Venture is an independent consultancy with a diverse team of innovative educators, researchers, business specialists and project leaders. We have a considerable network of individuals and organisations in both China and the UK. Our goal is to improve global education through sharing best practice, partnering between leading organisations and developing creative new approaches. Our approach is bespoke: we are extremely passionate about every project and geared towards either sustainable quality by-the-book or wild invention for maximum impact. Our clients include different departments of national governments, universities, NGOs & charities and businesses of all sizes.
Previous and current projects range very widely: from research reports on education opportunities in Hainan, to delivering employability workshops for a UK university TNE partnership in Shaanxi; from assisting a UK independent school with market entry, to promoting emerging leadership skills in teenage girls in Beijing with a professional mentoring programme. Venture Education frequently features in international media outlets and was a finalist for two awards in the UN-backed 2019 China Social Impact Awards.
We have a wide range of projects with a wide range of UK organisations including independent schools, universities, charities, EdTech and media. You will be responsible for making sure that each project has a clear marketing strategy and timeline. This will be a fast-paced role that will ultimately drive the success of quality UK education in China, impacting hundreds of thousands of students. Everything we do in Venture is highly collaborative, and your role will involve working positively with almost everyone in the organisation, especially the cofounders and designer.
– A good understanding of the processes that drive a successful marketing strategy
– Rounded experience in marketing including paid advertising, SEO, social media, events, lead nurturing sequences etc.
– A structured and methodical approach to their work that ensures efficiency
– The ability to pursue creative ideas from concept through to delivery
– Experience of marketing to a Chinese audience
– Experience working with and improving a CRM
Ideally you also have:
- Experience with InDesign to be able to support the design team
- Experience with website editing
- Experience with marketing in another market, esp. the UK
- Experience marketing within the education sector
- Attended a British or international school, or have close knowledge of them through, for example, work experience
- Graduated from a British university
- At least two years’ work experience in education; if you have worked in the education sector in the UK this is extremely desirable.
- Extremely well organised. An obsession for organisation.
- Proactive, positive and willing to make (and learn from) mistakes
- A willingness to take accountability and operate independently.
- Attention to detail; capable of producing both quality and quantity
- Flexibility, excitement when faced with the unknown and a willingness to learn
- A positive, energetic and enterprising work environment
- The opportunity to build your work experience around your own personal and professional development goals
- Interaction with friendly and professional colleagues from all over the world
- A huge variety of interesting projects with diverse partners
- The chance to become an expert in UK-China education
- 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday
- Salary upon application
- Duration: 2 years
- Z-visa (official working visa) for non-Chinese
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and cover letter setting out your motivations and suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org