The Hutong is China’s leading provider of experiential education travel programs, primarily targeting K-12 students. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our vision to be a world leader in inspiring growth and creating a positive impact through experiential education. This is a freelance role and can be based anywhere in China, but there may be opportunities for full time positions down the line in our offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taipei.
The Hutong is an award winning organisation with a people centric approach. We were nominated as finalists for ‘Best Employer’ at the 2020 British Business Awards, ‘Employee Engagement’ at the 2021 China Social Impact Awards and ‘Company of The Year’ (SME) at the 2022 British Business Awards. In 2021 we also won the ‘Best Education Supplier’ and ‘School Heads Choice’ Awards at the British Schools Awards, ensuring our brand is synonymous with high quality.
The Hutong is merely the sum of our parts and we know that our people are at the centre of every success. We want to ensure that we’re not only providing industry competitive compensation and benefits packages but are also providing an exceptional place to work, learn and grow, for every single Hutonger, regardless of role, age, race, sexual orientation or gender.
Program Leaders are organisational champions, supporting both visibly and behind the scenes. To ensure that their program delivers on The Hutong’s Mission to provide exceptional cultural experiences in a fun, learning environment, they meet the needs of the program and set a standard of proactive support to the entire program team.
As “Supporting Swiss Army Knives”, Program Leaders (PL) report to the Program Manager (PM) and flow like water to areas of greatest need throughout each stage of a Program’s Life Cycle:
1) Preparing the Program
2) Delivering the Program
3) Wrapping Up the Program
Often, PLs are “lead facilitators” and will oversee the program’s experiences and work closely with the PM and program facilitators to achieve the program’s learning goals and to deliver exceptional experiences to an exceptional level.
|Intellectual + Personal:|
Communications – Oral
● Leads by example in living The Hutong Core Values before, during, and after a program
● Is organized and timely with program task management
● Ensures our brand promise of Professionalism, Partnership, and Consistency is met
● Promotes a culture of safety and The Hutong’s “Intervene because you care” mindset
● Recognizes the importance of feedback as a tool for growth and seeks it at all levels
● Approaches challenges proactively and with a positive mindset
● Ensures the well-being of program team members
● Communicates honestly, respectfully, and with positive intentions
● Possesses a Yes can! attitude and promotes a “growth mindset”
● Provide consistently high quality and innovative educational experiences for international student groups
● Encourage students to be creative, curious, and think critically through attending The Hutong’s programs and interacting with The Hutong staff
|Compensation and Benefits:|
The Hutong Education compensates Program Leaders with industry-competitive wages based on an individual’s relevant work experience. Longer term contracts are availability for those with experience and wider availability. More details regarding compensation will be provided upon application.
Here are some benefits you can expect as a Freelancer with The Hutong:
- All work related travel, accommodation and meals covered
- Personal budgets for laundry, phone credit and entertainment
- Timely payments – we guarantee to get you paid quickly
- Working alongside an incredible team of professionals from around the world
- Learning and development opportunities with trainings offered throughout the year
- Access to our ‘Level-Up’ training scheme, for those looking to accelerate their careers
- Regular and fun staff events and functions throughout the year
- Free cooking classes and workshops at our cultural exchange centre in Beijing, plus member’s discounts
- Drop into our offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taipei anytime for a cup of tea
You can find more information on our website: https://education.thehutong.com/
Please email your CV/Resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please note for successful applicants we will require references and a security background check.