University of Nottingham Ningbo China is seeking to recruit a Senior Knowledge Exchange Manager at the Research and Knowledge Exchange Office
Your key responsibilities include:
- Work with senior managers and key stakeholders at UNNC to evaluate UNNC’s capabilities in key sectors (AI and digital economy is preferred; other sectors such as advanced manufacturing, new materials, ICT, finance etc with transferrable skill also welcome), propose the strategic plan of future development in these sectors and resolve problems during the implementation;
- Develop specialist knowledge in own industry areas and act as institutional lead for external engagement in the areas;
- Organise and mobilise resources internally and externally and develop business development plans including prioritisation, targeting, proposal development that convert opportunities into increased industry income and deliver societal impact. Under the direction of the Director, development a plan to enhance RKE marketing and communications and coordinate across the department and faculties;
- Take ownership of designated horizontal research projects, providing effective project management throughout the project lifecycle from initiation to closure to ensure successful delivery;
- Develop strategic and new external partnerships with government bodies, corporate and professional bodies in China and abroad in the areas aligning with the UNNC campus development plan and contributing the RKE KPIs.
- Externally, act as an advocator for UNNC and provide professional and effective business engagement interface, understanding their innovation needs and identify collaboration opportunities, and cultivate lasting and high value strategic industry partnerships;
- Represent and promote the section/service and/or provide specialist input at both internal and external meetings/events, influencing differing opinions and handling questions/objections as required, to ensure that departmental/school/work unit issues are appropriately represented;
- Consult and co-operate with other areas of the University to develop, improve and implement policies and processes;
- Represent and promote the research and knowledge exchange office and provide specialist input at both internal and external meetings/events, influencing differing opinions and handling questions as required;
- Interpret policy, legislation, regulations and national codes of practice, advising on the implications of non-compliance, analyse global trends, provide industry insights and organise information to inform decision-making and operational plans in relevant areas;
- Analyse and interpret data using a range of techniques and report on progress through briefings or formal reports;
- Develop and manage information systems for a school/department/work unit, making recommendations for improvements in data and information provision (e.g. new hardware and software provision);
- Apply initiative to devise varied solutions, approaching problems from different perspectives and “thinking outside the box.”
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation skills in both Chinese and English
- Excellent IT skills in a wide range of software packages, such as Microsoft Office skills and research information management skills
- Proven change management and project management skills
- Initiative, resourcefulness, problem solving skills
- Experience of managing the activities of self and/or others
- Awareness of the current and future activities of the University/Department to use for planning purposes and systems analysis;
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of systems/services in own area and their varied applications;
- Authoritative knowledge of the work practices, processes and procedures relevant to the role, including broader sector/commercial awareness
- An understanding of the key working relationships required with staff at all levels across the Department/school/Faculty/University
- Working knowledge of the work of others inside and outside the University relevant to own field of work
- May require knowledge of a network of contacts relevant to the work unit.
Join a unique British University in China. The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. This award-winning campus offering a UK style education has grown to establish a student body of over 9,000 from over 70 countries in just 20 years.
UNNC is a fast-growing hub for excellence dedicated to the advancement of research, innovation and knowledge exchange driven by a mission to solve problems and improving lives. The Research and Knowledge Exchange Office is looking for an ambitious, self-driven and talented external engagement executive with a passion to connecting the academia knowledge with the industry, the funding bodies, the society and policy makers, utilising our world-leading research to meet China’s needs and address global challenges such as climate change and aging population, and to develop strategic opportunities related in AI and digital economy.
With business acumen and track record of relevant extensive work experience, you will play key role in the busy team developing industry partnerships, managing horizontal research projects, supporting the research communities across the University to engage with businesses and the society, delivering knowledge exchange impact through activities ranging from research collaboration, innovation, entrepreneurship, technology transfer to policy and public engagement.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support
This is a permanent post that you will be offered a fixed term contract initially of 3 years with a probation of 6 months with University of Nottingham Ningbo China. We are committed to providing competitive employment packages while supporting the wellbeing of our staff to help them reach their full potential.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an application via our on-line application system before XXX at:
Only on-line applications made at (http://job.nottingham.edu.cn ) will be accepted. Referees will be contacted prior to interview and interviews will take place in Ningbo China.
Informal enquiries regarding these vacancies may be addressed to Min Rose, Job title at email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resources Office, Tel: 86 574 88180000 Ext.8066.
Equality and Diversity
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age*, socio-economic background, disability, religious or political beliefs, trade union membership, family circumstances, sexual orientation or other irrelevant distinction.