Company: British Chamber of Commerce in China
Location: Beijing, China
Internship period: 3-6 months
Start date: ASAP
Are you a creative young professional interested about digital marketing and communications, and want to gain hands-on experience in creating and organizing events? As a marketing intern at the British Chamber of Commerce in China you will be introduced to a variety of aspects in the Chamber functions – including events management, copy-writing and editing, branding, digital marketing as well as media/ vendor relations.
About the British Chamber:
The British Chamber of Commerce in China is a membership organisation with a focus on providing advocacy, business support and networking opportunities for British businesses in China. We operate as an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a strong and diverse membership, representing British companies across the country. With decades’ worth of business experience in China, we bring the British business community together and help them thrive in one of the world’s fastest growing markets.
BritCham China is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and inclusivity. For more information about us, please visit our website at https://www.britishchamber.cn/
Marketing and Events Intern: Key Responsibilities
- Manage and grow the Chamber’s social media platforms through engaging and interesting contents– weekly eDMs, LinkedIn posts and WeChat posts, includes content writing and post designs.
- Ensure the Chamber identity is consistent throughout all publications and marketing materials.
- Update and maintain the Chamber website on a daily/weekly basis with upcoming news and events on WordPress.
- Design marketing materials using online designing tools (knowledge in adobe software: AI/ InDesign/Photoshop would be a plus).
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors/ designers on specific British Chamber projects.
- Assist in Chamber events (both online and offline), and working with both Membership and Policy teams in promoting the work of the British Chamber, as well maintaining relationship with BritCham members.
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject area (we want to hear different perspectives!)
- Proficient in written and spoken English, knowledge of Chinese is a plus
- Passionate in digital marketing and events management
- Eager to learn more about different social media channels, such as LinkedIn, WeChat and Twitter
- Interested in working in a fast-paced office environment
The internship is 3-6 months depending on the applicants’ availability. Please note that this is an unpaid internship.
If you have an interest for UK – China relations and promoting UK – China trade through creativity and exciting events, please send a recent CV and cover letter stating your experiences and what you hope to achieve while at the Chamber to firstname.lastname@example.org.